top of page
  • Writer's pictureN Rohit

Stay Safe from Corona Virus

Total COVID cases in India: Status as on 14th March 2020.

Total 83 Confirmed Cases in India in which recovered were 11 and 2 Deaths .

The Corona Virus was first detected in a place called Wuhan in China on 31stDecember 2019. The interesting fact is that the common cold, the cough and the cold we catch during winters too is a type of corona virus. If we remember in 2002 SARS virus had widespread and this too was a type of Corona virus. In case of SARS the original source was BATS. The current name of Corona virus is 2019-nCoV which is Novel Corona Virus . Novel means new as the source is not yet detected.


The symptoms are similar to other viruses like cough, cold, headache, chills and sore throat. All these happen to you even when you catch a cough and cold normally or even when you catch seasonal flu and these are the symptoms of new corona virus too. This is an unfortunate thing as its very difficult to recognize the new corona virus. Generally the doctors have to perform a laboratory test to recognize whether it is a normal flu or the New corona virus.

How Dangerous it is:

Some analysis says that the total infected around the world were 24,579 in this 494 have died and 955 have already recovered . So by seeing this figures the total number infected people and the total number of deaths as a proportion then this comes out to be roughly 2%. This 2% is mortality rate. Mortality rate is nothing but it gives the chances of death incase if you are infected by New corona virus. In other words there is 98% chance of survival if you are infected by corona virus. Studies also shows that the people who have died had already had a weakened immune system in which most of them were old or had a major health issue like heart disease.

How it Spreads

Though the mortality rate is less this new corona virus is highly contagious and spreads through human contact. Already several initiative has been taken by government to spread awareness like using of sanitizers , frequent hand wash and avoiding handshake etc . It must be noted that using mask will not help an individual from getting infected, however people who are sneezing and coughing can use it so that they can avoid it to spread infection to others.

What’s the Cure:

As the vaccination is still in development stage, this may take several months to find the cure . As stated before the corona virus can affect the people with weakened immune system, One cannot neglect the fact that a strong immune system is must for healthy living. Yoga has always been a most effective and time tested natural immunity boosters that we can adopt for a healthier life. It is a gift from our sages that strengthens the body and also relaxes the mind .

Yoga is a holistic practice which strengthens our body physically and mentally. A healthy life can be easily achieved if we learn to adopt a healthy lifestyle ,healthy diet and consistent practice of yoga.

73 views0 comments


bottom of page