Yoga Pose : Upavista Konasana.
Upavista is seated and kona is angle. This pose is popular among people involved in dance , gymnastics , strength training and martial arts. This pose is known to benefit. Hips, hamstrings, lower back.
How to do
1. Sit on the floor with the legs stretched straight front.
2. Move the legs one by one and widen the distance between them as far as you can. Keep the legs extended throughout and see that the back of the entire legs rest on the floor.
3. Keep the spine erect and extend the ribs. Pull the diaphragm up and hold the pose for few seconds with deep breaths.
4. Exhale , bend forward and rest the head on the floor, extend the neck and place the chin on floor .
5. Now, clasp the feet with hands and try to rest the chest on the floor. Stay in this pose from 30 to 60 seconds with normal breathing.
5. Hold this pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute breathing deeply and evenly.
· This asana gives a good stretch to hamstring.
· Blood circulation is improved in pelvic region.
· The leg muscles are toned.
· This pose is known to relieve sciatic pain.